Tuesday 29 May 2007

Diamond Necklace

It's half term, thank God. The thoughts of college stresses me out. I'm trying to stay positive and think of my party. The observation debacle has soured everything. I must remember what my therapists and Jon keep telling me, "It's not what happens to you, it's how you react that matters." Stop reacting. If he can cope with prison, I can cope with this.

Dan took me shopping. We need some new light shades for the bedrooms that have been redecorated, but in the shop Dan just stared around seemingly preoccupied and was no help at all, even though I asked for his opinion on colours and styles.
"I don't know why we bring them with us," the shop assistant said. "We do our own thing anyway." I groaned at Dan and we left the shop with nothing.

"We need to pick up Kathryn's bracelet from the jewellers," Dan reminded me. "They rang last week to say it had been repaired."
"I'd forgotten about it," I said. "Unless I write things down, I forget about them. I'm getting too many senior moments lately."
The jeweller had done a great job. You couldn't see where the break had been soldered. Paying for it, I put it in my bag and turned to leave.
"There's something else, I want you to see," Dan said smiling.
Not like Dan I thought suspiciously.
The jeweller produced a white gold necklace with a single diamond pendant.
"It's your birthday present, if you like it," Dan said. "If not, you can choose something else."
"It's perfect," I said trying it on. The diamond glistened. "Just perfect," I said kissing Dan, and thinking how lucky I am.

Copyright © 2007 Barbara Attwood

No comments:

Site Meter