Monday 28 May 2007

The partying starts here

We went hiking in Wales on Saturday. The weather's turned cold.
"Hope it warms up for your party," Dan said.
"It doesn't matter." I said, "It's inside a warm hall."
"I'll get my wig wet."
"The damp might calm it, and you down."
"Or make it grow."

Peter and Beth arrived that evening with a bottle of Champagne, a card, hand made by Beth, and a cheque for £60. Beth's daughter came with them. She lives in Geneva and is going back the day after my do. She wasn't going to attend, because of hangover fears, but was persuaded by hot buffet, and the vision of Peter dressed as Austin Powers doing a dance with three Go Go girls to 'I want Candy.' Peter is an extrovert and once dressed up takes on the persona of the character. He's got the outfit, but is waiting for Austin Powers teeth and hairy chest to arrive via the Internet.
"Hope they arrive on time," said Beth sarcastically.

Copyright © 2007 Barbara Attwood

No comments:

Site Meter