Thursday 5 July 2007

Phone call from Jon

Jon had some bad news. The CO3 who was liasing with Immigration for his deportation has left and not been replaced.
“They will replace him,” Jon said. “But who knows when. He was ringing ICE for me and checking that things were proceeding.”
“And you think this might cause some delay?” I asked.
“I hope not. I should hear from ICE about my interview this week. If I don’t I’ve got no one, as yet, to ring them for me.”
“If you haven’t heard anything by next Monday’s phone call, we’ll get on to your attorney,” Dan said.

Copyright © 2007 Barbara Attwood

1 comment:

Sue O. (aka Joannie, SS) said...

I know probably any words of encouragement may sound very hollow, but I'm praying all continues as it should and there are no delays in release. I got so aggravated to see Paris Hilton on the cover of People magazine trumpeting her "prison experience" and subsequent release after, what, two weeks? In my mind there is only one person I can think of who has the right to grace a magazine cover and share about the real prison experience.

Site Meter