Friday 9 March 2007

Occupational Therapist

As everyone in our department at college is stressed (half the staff are off work with stress related illnesses) we were given interviews with the occupational therapist. Because of my 'extra' problems she recommended that I have Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. I teach psychology and have read about this therapy. Three of my students have had CBT and all agreed it was the most successful treatment they'd tried. One was agoraphobic, one was compulsive obsessive and the other was depressed.

Jon has had CBT with the psychotherapist in prison. He has suggested that I try the therapy. He also suggested that I get another cat as stroking a pet reduces anxiety.

I'm seeing the therapist next Wednesday. Nothing could replace Tiggs.

Copyright © 2007 Barbara Attwood

No comments:

Site Meter