Sunday 14 October 2007

Trouble with TalkTalk

For a week now, we've had no connection to the server. Repeated calls by Dan, who has been kept holding on for as long as forty-five minutes before someone answered, to call centres everywhere from Hartlepool to India to South Africa, have failed to get us back online.

Dan runs his insurance business via the Internet so he's losing money. There's Jon's blogs to be posted, not to mention mine. After hours of following instruction from techies around the world, TalkTalk have agreed that it's not Dan's fault and are sending out an engineer. This could take three days.

Our kind nextdoor neighbour has lent us his laptop, so we are connected wirelessly. This will only pick up the signall in a certain corner of our dining room where Dan's set up a desk. I hate laptops. They make my back ache, but beggars can't be choosers. So here I am typing up this blog hunched over a laptop in the corner of the room.

Let's have some action TalkTalk.

Copyright © 2007 BarbaraAttwood

1 comment:

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

Hello Barbara,


I found your sons blog about 2 years ago I guess and have been addicted ever since. It was only recently that I found yours. I somehow missed it.

As a Human Being, I feel Jon's pain. As a Mother, I feel yours.

I could go on and on about Jon, but I'll just say that I root for him along with countless others and hope he has a good life when he gets out.

As for you... little one is only 2 1/2 years old, I've got a ways to go. But I can only imagine the pain you've felt, (and tried to describe in this blog), and the emptiness you feel every minute your child is kept away from you.

I will continue reading both yours and Jons entries, and I hope you'll both keep writing long after he arrives home. I wish you and your family all the best.

Site Meter